Thursday, August 20, 2009

A day spent at my sisters

Went out to my sisters at the crack of dawn, because Scott needed the car for work. It was way nice and laid back. Well that's if you count two busy needy (to an extent) babies and a busy toddler, who doesn't really like to listen. So its a juggling act to hang with the sis., but still laid back and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I love hanging with my sis. Today was a much better day for me too. I was able to hold down the cheese pizza we had for lunch as well as some treats I brought. My sis and I loved watching oodles of food network shows. Giada you get on our nerves but since you look like our mom did when she was young, well we will tolerate you. Just keep in mind its a cooking show and not a cleavage show. Paula Dean your are fav. and remind us of our mom now. Well, we juggled the babies and took a nap together with the babies, and made some homemade bread. Visited and just took it easy. There is nothing nicer then not having to play hostess or feel like you have to impress someone. At my sisters it just comfort and easy. No need to impress. Here are some pics of my monkey aka: fatty frog bellie as well as some of Ryker, and one of me.














Go to my sisters recipe blog she will put up the recipe for this homemade bread.










12 comments:

Unknown said...

it was great to have you come visit. Laughing with you is the best, and so was the homemade bread. However, not as great as fatty frogs belly, ryker's thighs! and bella's stinky tude! hugs!

Big G said...

Paula Dean totally reminds me of MOM also every time she is on the food network I stop to watch a little bit and the way she is with her boys it reminds me of Jut and I at home. The shot of Stockton crying is hilarious... Ryker looks like did I do that. I love Stocktons sticky outy ears.

Unknown said...

i miss my fatty frog! I need some fat belly loves!

Ryan said...

Those are some darling baby boys!

mom said...

I love to see Fatty Frog and Ry Ry the pics are soooooo CUTE !! Stockton is a riot when he cry's . Also I wish I had Paula Dean's MONEY not just her personality.

Julie said...

Stockton has such a sweet smile. He is getting so big. It's not fair is it? ;)

When I watch the Food Network, I often wonder why The Barefoot Contessa has a show. SHE IS THE MOST BORING PERSON EVER! I hear her theme music and click, turn the channel. LOL!

Unknown said...

I MISS MY FATTY FROG... SO MUCH! WAIT you are coming over this morning... YEAH!!!! can't wait to kiss his fat belly and cheeks and hear his giggle chuckle! I WUB HIM!

Red's Blog said...

Julz I totally agree on barefoot Contessa! She sucks and has no personality at all!!!! I love My little man he is growing way to fast!

Julie said...

BTW I see a lot of your Dad in him in some of those pictures!

Susanna Landon said...

OK I have to make a comment about this. Stockton is just so darn cute. I am so glad you could just relax with Jen. She does make people feel comfy when they visit. Here is the real thing I want to say, "Jen quit calling that darling little guy fatty frog belly." It is funny and I know you mean well, but he is just too darn sweet for that nickname. I know , how about punkin, sweetie or bugaboo? Crazy girl. Anyway, glad you had a good time Crystal. It was good to visit with you the other day and if you ever need a sitter for your sweet little "bugaboo" just give me a call.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

sorry Susanna~ my kids, and newest nephew, get their nicknames based on emotion. I am in love with his sweet chubby fatty frog belly. "its a good thing!" So MOOSE- Bella Bubu- Preston and Tinky- Ryker are all based on emotion and me grittig my teeth and loving them. SORRY! your nicknames are very cute and sweet, but I go on my emotions and thats about it. ;)

If my sis says she doesn't like it then maybe... but lets just say I have the entire family calling him fatty frog.... i have a way with names. Sorry my other comment was deleted because of typos... hate those.